“Art is an expression of emotions,
Our Visual Arts program prepares students by providing a strong background in art application, art criticism, art history, and art theory under many art forms such as drawing, crafts, painting, sculpture and printmaking. We believe art education shapes cultural awareness and provides students with a positive outlet for self-expression, as well as encouraging creative and critical thinking-values that currently cannot be underestimated.
In the Visual Arts studio, students are encouraged to:
- Ask questions and seek personal solutions
- Generate a large number of ideas or solutions to questions or problems
- Provide unusual or unique responses
- Be persistent in their visual pursuits
- Take risks and be adventurous
- Imagine and wonder out loud
- Manipulate ideas, change, elaborate, adapt, improve, or modify them
- Be sensitive to aesthetics
- Constructively criticize.